SMOKED OVER THE TOP COWBOY CHILI RECIPE
During the fall season (and especially coming into winter) we all want something comforting and warm to take the edge off the cold weather; and what's better than chili? Fellers Ranch® paired up with amazing chef Pig's Eye BBQ who uses our Wagyu ground beef to create a spicy take on chili!
What is Cowboy Chili made of?
Pig's Eye BBQ produced their Cowboy Chili with Fellers Ranch Wagyu Ground Beef. Our Wagyu is ethically raised without antibiotics or hormones, and are tended with more care than the average supermarket beef products. We use natural methods to farm cattle that produce delectable marbling and a rich beefy taste in every bite.
Wagyu ground beef is super versatile and a great canvas to start with when creating extra flavorful dishes. It SOAKS up all the smoke and seasoning, giving this chili a cowboy flair that will have everyone asking for seconds.
Prep Time – 30 Minutes
Cook Time – 3-4 Hours
Servings – 8-10 Servings
Cowboy Chili Ingredients
- (2 lbs.) of Fellers Ranch® Wagyu Ground Beef
- (2) Yellow Onion
- (1) Green Pepper
- (4 tbsp.) or to taste of Croix Valley Garlic Barbecue Booster
- (2 tbsp.) or to taste of Dried Minced Onion
- (2 tbsp.) or to taste of Onion Powder
- (2 tbsp.) or to taste of Chili Powder
- (½ cup) or to taste of Croix Valley Original Steak Sauce & Marinade
- (1 can) Chili Beans
- (1 can) of Diced Tomatoes
- (1 can) of Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilies
- (1 can) Tomato Soup
- (2-3 cans) of Tomato Sauce
- (1 bag) of Sharp Cheddar Cheese
Wagyu Cowboy Chili Instructions:
- Preheat grill to 250°
- Season the wagyu ground beef with the Croix Valley Garlic Barbecue Booster & dried minced onion. Form into a meatball or meatloaf shape.
- Place a Dutch oven on the bottom grate and sauté one diced onion and one diced pepper in it until they are softened. Put the meat "loaf" on the second grill grate above the Dutch oven.
- Add beans, diced tomatoes, tomato soup, tomato sauce, onion powder, steak sauce, and chili powder, and stir occasionally. Smoke for 1 hour and bump the temperature to 350° for the reminder time.
- Once the temperature of the ground beef reaches 155° degrees, crumble up the meat and add to the chili to blend flavors. Stir occasionally for another 30-60 minutes.
Serve warm, and sprinkle with additional onion and sharp cheddar cheese.
Wagyu Cowboy Chili Recipe Notes -
* As with any chili, the beans are optional, add more if you would like or less.
* Chili tastes better the longer it sits, making this a great leftover meal.
* Serve with some fresh cornbread. The spicy chili and sweet cornbread are the perfect pairings for a meal.
About the Brand
Fellers Ranch® is a partnership between a third-generation family farmer, a 75-year-old family-owned (USDA-inspected) artisan butcher shop, and several seasoned ranchers. Together, we have an exciting new vision. That vision is based on decades of raising cattle and processing meat. We are all located in south-central Minnesota, which is where our cattle are raised.
Fellers Ranch® produces the highest quality Wagyu beef in the Midwest. Our cattle are fed a custom diet and are raised in a low-stress environment. Following 14 days of dry aging, the result is amazing tenderness, marbling, and flavor.
We are family farmers, and we support small businesses. Fellers Ranch® does not utilize commercial feedlots or corporate processing plants.
We believe that the best breeding, calving, raising, processing, and delivery is done by local people that we know and trust.