- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 8-ounce Fellers Ranch Wagyu Ribeye Steak
- ½ tablespoon Steak Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- Fresh Herbs
60 - 90 minutes
1) Place your ribeye on the counter at least 30 minutes before cooking to allow it to come to room temperature. This is a good habit to have when cooking steaks in general, as cold steak affects its even completeness.
2) Heat your pan. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil to your cast iron or cast iron skillet and cook over medium-high. Make sure the oil is bubbling and the pan is hot before adding the steak(s).
3) Take ½ tablespoon steak seasoning and use half of the seasoning to season the steak side up. Press the seasoning into the steak firmly. (Season on the fat sides for more flavor!)
4) Place your steak in the pan, seasoned side down, and season the other side. Don't move the steak until you're ready to flip it (this gives it a caramelized perfection). If your ribeye is about 1" thick, cook for 34 minutes before flipping. If thicker, about 1½", cook about 5 minutes more.
5) Flip the meat over and grill at the same time as the first side, depending on thickness. Put 1 tablespoon butter in the pan, 2 garlic cloves, and herbs if using. Once the butter has melted, drizzle it over your steak a few times at the end of the cooking process. Test internal temperature of 135 ℉ for a rare environment.
6) Complete ribeye. Remove your steak(s) from the pan and place it on a cutting board or plate. Place a piece of loose foil over the steak and let it rest for 5- 10 minutes before serving.
Order Fresh Wagyu Ribeye From Fellers Ranch!